This is a report on why the public distrusts the media, be it conservative or liberal. Part of being “legitimate” media is being forthright and honest. The media discredits itself by being a shameless propaganda arm of their respective political party. Most on the right claim this is commonly the case with the “mainstream media” being the propaganda arm of the democratic party. The neoconservative right has its own “mainstream” media: Townhall.com, Fox News, and talk radio (Glen Beck, Mark Levin) is the propaganda arm of the neoconservative, warmongering right.
And like media outlets of the left, Townhall.com and Fox News tries to shape the culture by ignoring events that do not align with their desired narrative, and blowing out of proportion events which do align. One example dishonest propaganda from the neoconservative right being driven by Stop-Trumpism, is Townhall.com blowing out of proportion the Michelle Shields #grabgate hoax. Megyn Kelly of Fox News jumped on that same bandwagon, as well as other noted conservatives.
And an example of a sin of omission by major media outlet is Townhall.com’s non-reporting of the major coup involving the Cruz campaign over at the Eagle Forum. Not one media outlet of the neoconservative right (to my knowledge) has reported on this….all I hear are crickets. Shame on Townhall.com, Fox News, and talk radio. The reason why townhall.com ignores this controversy is one of the most significant figures of the evangelical right happens to support Donald Trump. This would be non other than Phyllis Schlafly.
This is huge news…..and has resulted in the strong arm of Phyllis Schafly at 91 years of age taking the hatchet and cleaning house, firing long term associates with the Eagle Forum …..and what do I hear from the neoconservative right? Crickets. This is simply because Schlafly supports Donald Trump which goes against the narrative they want to promote. Ironically , Schlafly also happens to be a columnist at Townhall.com so its doubly dishonest that they haven’t reported this at all. They can’t possibly criticize her, she garners way too much respect compared to the 25yo twits on the editorial board who aren’t worth $5 an hour.
Townhall.com is a joke.
Count them!! In just one city, Detroit,…..twelve principals stole $1Million in a Vendor kickback scheme. Not one whistle blower, anywhere. Lovely. And these are the “poor” schmucks that got caught….this was going on for years!!
If you want to meet one of the principals on the take, observe this video of a sweet, sweet man, Principal Ronald Alexander, of Charles Spain Elementary.
So those young’ns of college age and soon to be college age who feel “the bern” and love big government, and hate capitalism, just pause to ponder for one minute. This is just one city and one government institution (public education) with $1Million in corruption involving 12 principals. Just think of the corruption when you are dealing with public moneys that are not your own, and have little oversight or accountability. The amount of this stuff going on must be staggering.
Since government is everywhere, just pause to think nationwide, how ubiquitous corruption is, and how such a sweet, sweet man can be turned criminal!
Then ponder that there is no free lunch. This comes at a cost…consider the cost of theft…what moneys can be better used in productive means….i.e. real productive jobs.
do not waste your vote for the Bern, or Shillary for that matter. The abuse will only continue.
The anti-Trump campaign knows no limits on how low they will go. Michelle Fields, the 20 something fraudulent hoaxster has inserted herself into the #neverTrump movement in a way that discredits conservatism and destroys her credibility as well as anyone who supports her.
Avatar “emncaity” at townhall.com had this comment to address the lunacy of the editorial staff right at townhall. His worry, as is mine, is the so-called conservatives at Townhall (along with Ben Shapiro) are using the BS tactics of the left to promote their #neverTrump agenda. This person has it right on the money…..here is his/her comment:
So the inevitable has happened, exactly as I said it would on the day the NTA was filed by the police (Lewandowski was _not_ “arrested,” despite what you and other breathless Stop Trumpers said): No criminal charges, no trial.
Too bad for you. I tried to warn you and others (notably you and Megyn Kelly) that in your Trump-hating bias, you had lost your perspective, your ability to see alternative motivations, your journalistic objectivity, and eventually a good bit of your reputation.
It’s a shame, too. Apart from being deadly gorgeous, you are also almost unfailingly on-the-money, policywise. Which makes it even harder to figure out how you lost your head on Trump. You failed to make the distinctions you needed to make. Trump is boorish; he uses the “anti-PC” thing as an excuse for rudeness and gutter talk; and he’s said some really awful things about women. That’s obvious. But talk is talk. A criminal charge of assault is something else. And regardless, journalistic objectivity and accuracy are supposed to be the operative mode.
So here’s what you missed:
1. Michelle Fields has a history of this sort of thing. Why didn’t that matter to you at all?
2. Fields and Ben Shapiro have made it clear that Cruz is their preferred guy, and therefore they would benefit from anything that would bring Trump down or add mud to his wall. How could that possibly not matter to an actual journalist? It took me no time at all to find this out, since they’re both published authors.
3. The “I never touched you” thing, which seems to be the specific element that sets you off the most (in combination with Lewandowski telling Fields she was “delusional”), is completely irrelevant to the charge of assault. Whether or not Lewandowski said he didn’t touch Fields has nothing to do with whether he actually assaulted her. He wasn’t making the statement under oath.
4. The “I never touched you” statement has other possible explanations besides “he lied,” which you and all other Stop Trumpers can’t seem to get off.
For one thing, it’s a natural reaction when somebody accuses you of some heinous physical assault that you know you didn’t commit. It may be hyperbolic in a literalistic, pencil-pushing academic sense, but in the world of real people, it’s something people will say: “I didn’t touch you,” as in “I didn’t do anything like what you just said.”
It’s also possible he simply _forgot_ that he’d “touched” anybody, since he and every other campaign staffer and security person has been doing this several times a day for eight or nine months now.
Sorry he didn’t remember you as being completely special, Michelle. But maybe he doesn’t remember it. Maybe he doesn’t remember “meeting you” either, since an encounter like this isn’t exactly “meeting” anybody. For any rational person, for anybody whose brain hasn’t been absolutely melted by Stop Trump obsession, the larger issue is that here is a woman who grotesquely misrepresented a fairly ordinary occurrence (which started with her doing something _she_ wasn’t supposed to be doing), has accused somebody of being abusive, and the guy looks back and says “Chrissakes, I never jerked somebody to the ground, or nearly to the ground, or whatever — this is a liar.”
This wasn’t some dude grabbing a woman on a bus for no particular reason. As the prosecutor said in the press conference, it’s common for campaign staff to direct people, contact them physically, etc., when they need to be directed out of the way or away from a candidate. Is there something about this that you people don’t get? It was obvious to the rest of us from the first minute it hit the airwaves.
5. There is no doubt whatsoever — because Fields herself said so — that at the time of the incident, she didn’t consider it significant enough to warrant a police report. Not until she got her feelings hurt by Lewandowski’s (and, I guess, Trump’s) dismissive treatment of her and her ridiculousness.
So this whole thing was a matter of Fields taking up public money and police-and-prosecutor resources to pursue a matter whose substance was not enough to motivate her to pursue _before_ the emotion was involved. And you’re OK with that?
In other words, there was nothing substantive enough about the actual event to prompt it. It was only the fact that she was brushed off and got no apology. But an apology for _what_? For pulling her away from a candidate she was not supposed to be impeding or contacting or even approaching at that moment? Like any other reporter in the history of reporting is subject to under those circumstances? Like thousands have actually been pulled away or redirected before? Where are all the other assault charges for all of them? So the apology is for her not being treated specially enough?
6. There is no doubt that Fields’ original version of the story is not what was on any of the videos. Why does this not bother you?
7. Get outside your Stop Trump irrationality for one second and answer this simple and obvious question:
Does this look like an “assault” to you?
Because I’m telling you, it doesn’t to anybody, and I mean _anybody_, outside the Stop Trump circle. Be honest.
8. When Fields first filed the police report, she listed “Hands, feet, fist, teeth” as the “weapons” involved in the assault. That is clearly not true, not even in the most delusional version of what happened in the videos. How did you account for that? Why does that “lie” not bother you at least as much as what you think Lewandowski was “lying” about?
So here’s what I want to know from you: Why does Lewandowski’s “I never touched you,” even if it _is_ a lie (and it certainly isn’t necessarily so), bother you so much more than Fields grotesquely overstating the matter, stating “weapons” that could not possibly have been used, and using public money in a police-and-DA investigation not because of the substance of the alleged “assault” itself, but because of the way she’d been brushed off by the people from whom she was trying to extract an apology?
With Lewandowski, even if your most hostile version is true, he’s a jerk and a liar. What’s the continuing damage to her? A bruise on the arm she (now) says resulted from a grab?
But with Fields, evidence shows she’s an oversensitive liar and a false accuser who endangered a person’s freedom and his entire career and reputation by filing a police report. So what would’ve been the continuing damage _here_? What did she try to make happen? A criminal conviction, for a grab of an arm to pull her away from where she wasn’t supposed to be.
And again: Why didn’t that distinction seem to bother you at all? Being offended at no apology, versus a criminal conviction?
Here’s the answer: Because in your Stop Trump obsession, in your blindness, no amount of retribution is too much.
Or do you think police and prosecutors should be routinely employed to enact revenge on people who have offended others by not apologizing?
This is nothing more than a case of sloppy fit-the-narrative journalism gone absolutely bat-sh$% crazy. You don’t like Trump? Push the “violent” and “anti-woman” narrative. Whatever you have to do to fit this complete non-event into it, do it. People will buy it. And some did, because there’s always a percentage of the irrational and stupid out here.
And in the end, who exactly comes out making women look bad in this whole debacle? Lewandowski? Trump? Or Fields, for making a huge deal out of something that happens to intrusive or obstructing reporters all the time in these scrums, and then filing ridiculous assault charges because she got her feelings hurt for being “disrespected”?
Truth is, Fields should be charged for false report. She should have to pay back every dime of public money spent on the investigation, for the simple reason that she herself stated her motive for the report, and it wasn’t a legitimate one. And she ought to be sued in civil court. Why? Because what she said initially, using her ability to get the word out to the public, was false. Because incontrovertibly there were two wrongful motives, suggesting malice: Revenge for no apology, and a predisposition to see Trump hurt as a candidate. Because, although she had a right to snap back at Lewandowski on Twitter in any free-speech way she wanted to, she didn’t have the right to accuse him publicly of an assault that simply does not appear on multiple video angles. Because, even though Lewandowski called her “delusional” (which could be said to be defamatory in its own way, if he had no reason to believe she was), it turns out there was a basis for that statement (because she was insistent on a version of events that simply did not happen).
Of course, neither Trump nor Lewandowski will sue anytime soon, because it would be seen as anti-woman and sue-happy. So Fields will get off with nothing. She’ll write a book and get paid for it. She’ll get paid for speeches to women’s groups. She’ll enjoy a reputation. And likely as not, nothing will ever come of it. The Democratic DA won’t prosecute for false report. Trump, if he’s smart, will consider it a battle to be avoided. Not to mention the fact that if he wins the nomination, he won’t be able to prove that it damaged him in any actionable way. Only Lewandowski himself might do anything eventually, and probably not then. So she’ll walk. Why doesn’t that bother you?
If this were some left-wing reporter and the candidate had been your guy, you cannot honestly say your reaction would be anything like it’s been. Your thinking, based on your history, would’ve been clear. You wouldn’t have tolerated this hypersensitivity, and you certainly wouldn’t have tolerated the use of public funds to carry out a mini-vendetta against somebody for the refusal to issue an apology.
My _God_, Katie. Back away from this situation for two days and figure out exactly why, and how drastically, you’re on the wrong side of it. Every day you don’t is another slip backwards in your credibility. For somebody who was worth liking and respecting, that really is a shame. I mean it.
So I am listening to 630AM talk radio, home of “conservative” talk radio, of sorts, and expect honest and objective political analysis.
In this case, I am listening to what I think is normally a reasonable guy named Mike Brown of 630AM, Denver talk about Trump wanting single-payer healthcare. I promptly turn the station and turn off the propaganda. It’s a lie.
This is yet another reason why I have distance myself from just about everything conservative in the media. Mike Brown is either a damned ignorant dumba$$ (and 630AM gives him a microphone), or he is a damned liar-propagandist for Ted Cruz. I suspect that like most in the “conservative” media and radio are, he is an anti-Trump propagandist.
I really do not like Donald Trump but I hate WORSE how the “conservative” media distorts truth to support its anti-Trump agenda.
So does Donald Trump want single payer healthcare?…does this sound like single payer healthcare to you?:
From Trump’s website (click the damned link if you don’t believe me):
Congress must act. Our elected representatives in the House and Senate must:
- Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
- Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
- Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.
- Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.
- Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.
- Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.
- Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.
Mike Brown, you are no better than the rest of the liars on the right. You have lost me as a listener…and by the way, I did turn off your station, 630AM for good. Good riddance, propagandists.
I guess I am no longer a “conservative” when conservatives stand for bailing out banks which are too big to fail and perpetual war.
Here are a couple of things to consider when supporting Ted Cruz.
Cruz appointed former Senator Phil Gramm (UBS AG vice chairman) as his economic adviser. For a guy who decries Crony capitalism, Cruz is either the biggest hypocrite in the world or a complete numbskull. I tend to think (largely because he is married to a Bankster) that he is lyin’ Ted, the hypocrite. I’m no progressive, but the banking system with its access to low interest money via the Federal reserve system is hardly a “free-market” system. In fact, the US banking is the epitome of Crony capitalism in the world! And the way it is run today, is fraught with all kinds of moral hazards, knowing the US taxpayer has their back. (In this way, socialist Bernie has tapped into something that is a legitimate problem. And Socialist Bernie’s idea of breaking of the banks is a solution that would probably go a long way towards solving the fraud, also, but its scorched earth solution. But if you notice, Socialist Bernie never quite goes far enough and identifies sound money policies as the better solution. )
Anyway, I digress. The LA Times does a good job of identifying who and what Phil Gramm is about. There are other internet sites that do a good job of deconstrucing Phil Gramm. Sorry folks, Ted Cruz isn’t quite backing up the talk when it comes to Cronyism and Crony capitalism.
Another problem I have with Lyin’ Ted is his foreign policy schmucks. Do you want 4 more years of Bush…..If Lyin’ Ted is elected, we are guaranteed to have it. The New American has an article on the neocon goon squad in which Cruz has surrounded himself.
In one fell swoop, NEST has destroyed their entire business model, as well other ventures into the internet-of-things…..be it refrigerators that connect to the internet or whatever.
You either have more money than sense than to invest in one of their thermostats when they can arbitrarily pull the plug and make your $200 thermostat a piece of wall junk with no control over your furnace and AC.
I was pondering adding NEST to my house, but thanks to their stupidity, they have clarified what an idiot one has to be to add one to your home. I’m sticking to my $50 thermostat that will work just fine.
What a bunch of maroons.
Rush Limbaugh, to my knowledge coined the phrase “drive-by media”. Michelle Fields and Ben Shapiro among others are scorched earth wrecking ball conservatives They do their damage, and then vanish like a fart in the wind.
Shapiro uses liberal tactics in his desire to destroy Trump. It would not surprise me, by what I read since that the Lewandowski incident was a setup by Michelle Fields.
Fields to protect what remains of her journalistic integrity and career has completely vanished. Ben “weeny” Shapiro seems to have vanished also, but continues his liberal-like SJW positions in his attack on Trump.
Well done, SJW Ben Shapiro. You are a jerk.
Keep in mind, this.